CSAM-SMCA 2017 Call For Abstracts – Niagara Falls, ON, October 19-21, 2017
Addiction: the changing landscape/Les dépendances: un paysage en changement
Deadline for Presentations – Closed
Deadline for Posters – Extended to August 15th at 11:59 PM
The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (La societe medicale canadienne sur l’addiction) welcomes you to our Annual Meeting and Scientific Conference October 19 through October 21 in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Our 2017 conference will build on last year’s conference, our most successful so far, by highlighting new research findings, sociopolitical ideas and treatment approaches to addictions. “Addiction: The Changing Landscape” is this year’s theme as it reflects evolving shifts in addiction issues in Canada. Our conference will address the many challenging issues in addiction medicine: the changing legislative landscape and rapidly evolving research on marijuana; the medical and public health crisis in the opiate epidemic; the potential re-emergence of tobacco addiction through electronic delivery devices (E-cigarettes and vaping), and other emergent issues in addictions. Join us for the latest updates and reviews of current issues.
Niagara Falls will offer a venue for researchers, clinicians, and educators to learn, meet and exchange ideas, and for the treatment community to meet and collaborate. In addition to the 3-day scientific conference, CSAM-SMCA will offer a Fundamentals program on October 22nd to provide a comprehensive introduction to addictions for frontline clinicians.
- Abstracts are accepted for scientific papers, workshops, and posters
- Abstracts on all aspects of addiction are encouraged
- Abstracts by students are encouraged
- The abstract body must not exceed 250 words (including tables and references), and must include:
- Requested format
- Presenting author’s name, affiliation, mailing address and email contact information
- Co-authors and affiliations
- If applicable: objective, methodology, results, and conclusions
- References if applicable.
- 2 Learning Objectives
- Brief 50-word bio for introductions
- Additional AV needs
- The average length of a presentation will range between 15-20 minutes, depending on the numbers submitted.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you can submit.
- Notice of abstract acceptance will be sent to the lead author at least two months prior to the conference.
- Only the presenting author will receive a complimentary one-day registration for the day they present.
- Disclosure Slide: a Disclosure slide will be required in each presentation. Samples will be provided to accepted speakers.
- Publication: CSAM-SMCA reserves the right to publish select conference abstracts in the ISAM Substance Abuse Journal, the CSAM-SMCA Canadian Journal of Addiction or other affiliate journals
- Abstract Submission: electronic format in Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf file format by e-mail to email@example.com
We cannot accept submission in a pdf.
- All abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 pm on the deadline. Late abstracts cannot be accepted.
Conference Inquiries: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon Acceptance – decisions will be made after the deadline:
- Presenters will receive a letter with date and time of presentation
- Final programs will be emailed once completed to show presentation room
PRESENTATION ABSTRACT DEADLINE: CLOSED
POSTER ABSTRACT DEADLINE IS AUGUST 15, 2017 at 11:59 PM
CSAM-SMCA Niagara Falls 2017 Abstract Form
Speaker Disclosure Form