Associate Editor Search
The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) is seeking a specialist in the field of addiction who will assist the Editor in Chief in his role.
Associate Editor Search
The Canadian Journal of Addiction provides a unique Canadian forum for presentation of evidence-based, peer-reviewed clinical information and scientific materials to clinicians and scientists working in the field of Addiction Medicine.
The Canadian Journal of Addiction currently publishes quarterly, 4 issues per year.
The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) is seeking a specialist in the field of addiction who will assist the Editor in Chief in his role. The Associate Editor is expected to maintain primary connections to the field through an active clinical and/or academic role.
- Develop and support the editorial program for The Canadian Journal of Addiction.
-Contribute to a strong editorial vision aligned with the goals of the Journal
-Solicit and manage the submission of manuscripts
-Contribute to the selection and management of high-performing editorial board members who will support the Editors by conducting peer reviews and soliciting or writing articles.
- Commit to publisher deadlines to ensure ongoing manuscript flow and maintain publication schedule.
- Communicate regularly with Editor in Chief, Managing Editor and Wolters Kluwer publishing staff regarding management of the production process of each issue, beginning with the submission to the Editorial Manager platform.
- Be familiar with the International Society of Addiction Journal Editors ISAJE.
- Champion the Journal at professional meetings, workshops and other appropriate forums.
- Attend at least one Editorial Board teleconference each year.
- Work with Addiction organizations as appropriate to form partnerships that help expand the reach of the Journal.
The Associate Editor candidate should:
- Be an expert and thought leader in the field of addiction, with strong clinical experience and/or academic leadership.
- Be highly organized and motivated with the skills, talent and interest to develop a timely, dynamic publication fostering excellence in the field of addiction.
- Have publishing experience as an author.
- Be able to devote time to the Editorship.
- Have substantial experience as a reviewer and/or editorial board member.
- To see a copy of the Journal please visit the website Canadian Journal of Addiction.
- Please submit a letter of interest with curriculum vitae and editorial vision to the Editor in Chief, Dr. Nady el-Guebaly (email@example.com), by January 2, 2018.
Download word document Associate Editor for CJA
Posted in: News - Tagged with: Addiction Medicine, CJA, Dr. Nady el-Guebaly, ISAJE